The Low & Slow Cooking Show - Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon
Featured Meat: Pasture-Raised Wagyu Filet Mignon
Also known as "filet mignon," this cut is as tender as they come. These tenderloin filets will fall off of your fork, are packed with juicy flavor, and have that highly coveted Wagyu marbling throughout.
John, one of our favorite local chefs, teaches you everything you need to know about mastering the art of cooking steak! Check out the video above to follow along as he cooks the perfect filet mignon.
- Wagyu Filet Mignon
- Slice of bacon
- Steak seasoning (salt, pepper, garlic powder)
- Compound butter (butter, Italian seasoning)
- Avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Warm pan on medium-high heat, add compound butter and avocado oil to pan
- While the pan is heating, wrap the filet in bacon and hold together with a toothpick
- Season both sides with your steak seasoning
- Sear in pan for about 1 minute per side, or until a crust forms on each side
- Finish in the oven for 6-8 minutes, or until the center reaches 135 degrees (medium-rare)
- Remove from the oven and let it rest for about 5 minutes
- Optional: top with compound butter
Serve with potatoes and your favorite seasonal vegetable - enjoy! Check out our shop for all of your favorite Wagyu and Angus prime cuts, Berkshire pork, and pasture-raised chicken!
More from: RECIPES
Leave a comment